Signature Project: Gamble House Pasadena, CA
     
     



Click here to see more of our Ultimate Bungalow lighting fixtures.

The Gamble House in Pasadena, California, is an outstanding example of American Arts and Crafts
style architecture. The house and furnishings were designed by architects Charles and Henry Greene in 1908 for David and Mary Gamble of the Procter & Gamble Company.

The house, designated a National Historic Landmark in 1978, is owned by the City of Pasadena
and operated by the University of Southern California.

The mission of The Gamble House, USC is to inspire the public’s appreciation and understanding of fine historic architecture through the example of The Gamble House, the most complete and best-preserved work of American Arts and Crafts architects Charles and Henry Greene.

In preparation of the 50th Anniversary celebration the Gamble House & Friends of the Gamble House commissioned Old California Lighting to “exactly reproduce” the original lanterns for use outside the Gamble House bookstore. Two of which hang to illuminate the walkway down the side of the bookstore and one
to hang above the back door.